On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 14:46 -0600, Dale wrote:
> kashani wrote:
> > On 1/5/2011 12:04 AM, Thanasis wrote:
> >> I think you should prefer openntpd over ntpd, because I think openntpd
> >> is developed by openbsd, which means more secure ...
> >>

> >     I tried openntp a couple years ago. It was a giant pain in the
> > ass. IIRC it was combination of crap defaults, poor docs, and plain
> > not working. I think this was over five years ago and doubtfully thing
> > have improved, but I definitely wasn't impressed at the time.
> >
> > kashani
> >

> It is a basic program for sure.  Commands that I used before with ntp
> were missing.  The plain ntp has a lot more options and more commands
> for seeing what is going on while openntp does not have much.
>
> I think either would work here if I didn't have some underlying issue
> somewhere.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

Dale, can you post (a sanitised) version of what 'ntpq -p' gives after
ntpd has been running for some time, and the sanitised result of
'ntptrace.  Also include your full (sanitised) ntp.conf
and /etc/conf.d/ntpd.

This might help us see more detail of what is happening.

BillK

* sanitised - obfuscate public IP's only.

--
William Kenworthy <bi...@iinet.net.au>
Home in Perth!