Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> writes:

> Apparently, though unproven, at 19:48 on Sunday 09 January 2011, Dale did
> opine thusly:
>
> It has support for jpeg, every fs under the sun, and the grub2 ebuild even
> has
> a truetype USE flag.

Does it support mp3 or ogg vorbis? Don't tell me I can't make it play
the fifth when it boots...

> Yes! Now my life is complete. I've been DYING for years to have a bootloader
> that can properly display anti-aliased fonts for the entire 2 seconds it's on-
> screen

I just hope that it is actually able to work in plain VGA mode. Although
I like to have framebuffer in the console, I don't think it's actually
needed in the bootloader. Also, I suppose it'll be a PITA to configure
that (or slow to run it) on some older computers.

--
Nuno J. Silva
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg