On 02/19/2011 06:59 PM, Mick wrote:
[snip]

> On two laptops of mine evdev causes untold confusion with the touchpad and
> second language selection for the keyboard.  I *have* to use the synaptics
> and
> keyboard input drivers.  I'm also using mouse (because it doesn't hurt I
> guess).
>
> I tried of course to remove them all and leave evdev initially, but it all
> went horribly wrong.  Perhaps evdev will catch up eventually, I just hope
> synaptics and keyboard don't default into being deprecated before then.

I am using evdev and synaptics only on a thinkpad t201. Without an
xorg.conf, all works including when I connect an usb mouse. However I am
trying to configure the touchpad, trackpoint and extended buttons to
work as left-hand; that is I would like to have the 3 buttons reversed.

I have not been lucky so far. In fact I've read on the web about some
new (relative to xorg 1.7) syntax for the xorg.conf file. Does anyone
know about a site with humanly friendly information on how to write a
modern xorg.conf file? In addition to the devices I mentioned above I am
also trying to setup an external monitor as a hotplug virtual screen.

For instance, things like this do not work:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "TouchPad"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        Driver "synaptics"
        #Option "SHMConfig" "on"
        Option "VertTwoFingerScroll" "on"
EndSection

In the past I used

Option "ButtonMapping" "3 2 1"

which apparently does not work here. Last but not least, how do I get
the good old  ctrl-alt-backspace  keybinding to kill X?

Thanks,

--
Valmor