Daniel Heemann writes:

> On Tuesday 01 March 2011 21:21:32 Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Jarry writes:
> > > is there any way to move running (already started) process
> > > to background, and disconnect it from screen/terminal
> > > so that I could log off (without terminating the process)?
> >
> > Ctrl-Z
> > bg
>
> I think to be able to detach from the terminal w/o terminating the
> process you also need 'disown'.

You are right. I was not sure myself, so I did test this, but only with a
'sleep 60' command. It was still running when I closed the shell, so I
thought this would work. But now I learnt this is not true for emerge. Does
anyone know why?

I agree with Stroller, tmux seems like the way to go. I do not use it (yet),
because I already know screen, but it is on my to do list, after some
postings here.

        Wonko