Alex Schuster wrote:

You are right. I was not sure myself, so I did test this, but only with a
'sleep 60' command. It was still running when I closed the shell, so I
thought this would work. But now I learnt this is not true for emerge. Does
anyone know why?

I agree with Stroller, tmux seems like the way to go. I do not use it (yet),
because I already know screen, but it is on my to do list, after some
postings here.

        Wonko

Do share. I use screen here to but plan to look into tmux. Right now, I have no clue what it even is. I'm going to install it when I finish the current download.

Dale

:-)  :-)