Bill Longman writes:

> On 05/10/2011 08:02 AM, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> > A couple of weeks ago I switched my gcc profile over and rebuilt
> > everything with emerge -e system and emerge -e world.  Now, when I
> > restart the computer (any of the three on my LAN), the NFS shares
> > listed in /etc/fstab are not automatically mounted.  I can mount them
> > manually with no errors.  Here's an example of one of my /etc/fstab
> > files:
> >
> > camille ~ # cat /etc/fstab
>
> You're barking up the wrong tree. Show your rc-status -a and you'll see
> a few nfs-related services that you've not added to default run level.

I don't say that's not true, but wouldn't this be a bug, and the
nfsmount init script would be missing some depend entry?

Personally, I always have the noauto option in my fstab lines for NFS
shares, because of the looong delay when the server is offline while I
boot. Not sure if this is still the case, though, haven't tried in a while.
Instead, here these shares are mounted via /etc/init.d/local, when a
ping to the server succeeds.

        Wonko