On 05/10/2011 04:39 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Bill Longman writes:
>> You're barking up the wrong tree. Show your rc-status -a and you'll see
>> a few nfs-related services that you've not added to default run level.
>
> I don't say that's not true, but wouldn't this be a bug, and the
> nfsmount init script would be missing some depend entry?

I have to agree with you, Wonko. I had the same head scratching during
the same time and wondered what it could have been. An "enews" would
have been nice because I didn't see anything in my emerge logs.

> Personally, I always have the noauto option in my fstab lines for NFS
> shares, because of the looong delay when the server is offline while I
> boot. Not sure if this is still the case, though, haven't tried in a while.
> Instead, here these shares are mounted via /etc/init.d/local, when a
> ping to the server succeeds.

Yeah, that's just part of the territory, though, isn't it? I've actually
moved mine to boot since I'd rather have access to them in my local
script than later. Potatoe, pohtahtow.