Hello list!

Due to the increase of spam/phishing emails received by my office, I
decided to explore the idea of implementing a spamfiltering 'frontend'
in front of my email server.

Here's how I plan to do it:

fetchmail (G) --> postfix (G) --> amavisd+spamassassin+database (G)
--> postfix (G) --> current email back-end (WS) --> clients (W)

(G) = the single Gentoo server working as mailfilter
(WS) = mail server on Windows Server
(W) = various Windows clients (XP and 7)

I need fetchmail because currently we still use a hosting company, at
least until August when we host everything on our own. Then, we'll
drop fetchmail and expose postfix for the world to deliver the mails
to.

I also want to use amavisd's 'pen pal feature', so the outgoing emails
will take this route:

clients --> mail back-end --> postfix --> amavisd --> postfix --> ISP
mail-relay server

Now, did I plan right? Can anyone poke any holes in my plan before I
tie a 'ganbatte!' headband and study hard to implement the system
successfully or die trying?

Rgds,

Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/