On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 01:10:01PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> most of the broken threads will seem to be broken by Indi. Now change it to
> Standard Mailing List and threading mostly goes back to being normal.
>
> I don't think the broken threads are anyone's mailer, I think it's kmail
> doing
> Aggregation based on today/not today first. Check the description notes in
> View -> Message List -> Aggregation -> Configure...

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I read this list from the
usenet group, rather than the list itself? Could that cause an inconsistency
in headers that might break threading, perhaps?

I was assuming the usenet group would give equal functionality without
having to receive all that mail, but if it breaks threading I'll switch
back to mail.

--
caveat utilitor