Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Tuesday 07 June 2011 20:27:45 Dale wrote:

1&1:

Test mit IPv4 DNS Eintrag
ok (0.712s) verwende ipv4
Test mit IPv6 DNS Eintrag
ok (0.712s) verwende ipv6 6to4
Test mit Dual Stack DNS Eintrag
ok (0.726s) verwende ipv4
Test mit Dual Stack und grosse Pakete
ok (0.665s) verwende ipv4
Test IPv4 ohne DNS
ok (0.417s) verwende ipv4
Test IPv6 ohne DNS
ok (0.440s) verwende ipv6 6to4
Test grosse IPv6 Pakete
ok (0.734s) verwende ipv6 6to4
Test ob der DNS server des ISP IPv6 unterstützt
bad (1.401s)

as the site explains the dns test is a goodie and failing it is not a big
deal.

Well, I have to ask this. If the DNS fails, how will my browser know where to go? From my understanding, when I type in abc.com and hit enter or go, the first thing it does is go to a DNS server to see what the actual number is.

Another question. Mine failed on some of the ones yours passed on. Is that a local setting or something between me and the site I am going to? In other words, can I change something here or is it outside my control? I think it is outside my control but want to make sure.

Dale

:-)  :-)