Hi,

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:52:10 -0400
"John J. Foster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone had heard of this. Although, if true, it
> certainly doesn't surprise me with todays corporate ethics as they are.
> Just a bad mark on Mozilla.

This is to be separated:

#1: Google is implemented as Mozilla's #1 Search Engine in the list.
#2: Google uses the Mozilla Browser's prefetching feature

ad #1: If that makes Mozilla a bad browser for you, you're free to fork
your own source tree and have whatever-you-like as #1 search engine.

ad #2: Certainly this imposes a privacy leak. But it's a feature you
can disable - as well as, e.g. including images from foreign web sites.
That cookie argument doesn't count: any image linked from other sites
can do the very same.

-hwh