On Wednesday 22 June 2011 18:46:55 Dale wrote:
> Neil Bothwick wrote:

> >> grep is your very very good friend

Hear, hear!

> > So is giving the files sensible names :)
>
> That was what I liked about autounmask, the tree version not the portage
> one.  It gave them some names at least.  Still felt like looking for a
> needle in a haystack sometimes tho.

I'm with you, Dale. I have no /etc/portage/package.* directories here on
this amd64 box - I just keep entries in alphabetical order in single files. I
find it easier.

I've also found it much easier to manage flags etc by setting the kde profile
(this being a kde box, of course - gnome is too arrogant for me). It makes
for a nice, simple USE line in make.conf.

--
Rgds
Peter