On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 02:52:05 -0500, Dale wrote:

> > No, the discussion is about the name of the file in package.unmask. if
> > that is a file there is no issue. The problem is that portage just
> > picks a file from that directory, it should either have its own file
> > in there or add the entries to a file named after the package.

> I agree but it doesn't do that.

Well, we wouldn't be complaining about it not doing something if it did
it :)

> Of course, as I described, having many
> files makes it difficult to find what file contains what too.

Not if the files are sensibly organised. The current implementation
messes up that organisation.

--
Neil Bothwick

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call
this their point of view.
                -- Albert Einstein