On 07/23/2011 01:54 AM, Dale wrote:
Howdy,

I noticed the new kernel in the tree. Anybody know whether make
oldconfig will work when coming from a 2.6.39 series kernel? Since I'm
having issues right now, I wouldn't mind trying to new and improved,
hopefully, version.

I just had a thought, what are the odds the nvidia drivers are ready for
this shiney new beast?

Thoughts?

It's just a version number. It was originally going to be 2.6.40. But the patch numbers were growing too big, so they simply renamed it 3.0. It does not represent any kind of big change or whatever.

So yes, oldconfig is going to work and there are no major changes at all in kernel 3.0.