Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 01:10:55 -0500, Dale wrote:

I was hoping since it was a whole different numbering scheme that it
was a major change.  That was the reason for my question.  I didn't
know if this was major or a normal update or something else.   I was
hoping for something like when Seamonkey went from version 1.* to 2.*
but this is not the case.  The reason I was hoping for this was because
of my kernel panic issue.  I'm still hopeful that something may have
been updated that will fix my problem but I'm not as hopeful now since
this is nothing great.
While your problem is major to you, the cause and solution are likely
quite minor, an out of the way bug in a driver that requires your talents
to discover :)

I guess I'm not explaining this well enough. I gave the example of the difference between Seamonkey 1 and Seamonkey 2 for a reason. I was *hoping* 3.0 was going to be a whole new thing but it appears that is not. If, big if there, it was a major change, I was hoping for a fix. Since it is not a major change, I'm not so hopeful now.

By the way, after the kernel upgrade, my plugins on youtube no longer work. Youtube is in text mode. o_O Hmmmmmm.

Does that make sense?

Dale

:-)  :-)