Am 17.08.2011 18:03, schrieb Dale:
> Michael Mol wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Adam Carter<adamcart...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> that and find https://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection
>>>
>>> Now ask someone who codes WTF that page means :) Sounds like it allows
>>> programs to use code from different languages.
>>>
>> More specifically, while Gnome apps could already be written in
>> multiple languages, the libraries bridging those languages to C were
>> cumbersome (and thus buggy) to maintain, and this introspection change
>> is intended to result in a cleanup of that process.
>>

> Ohhh, now I see.  I thought it was talking about languages like English,
> Spanish etc.  lol
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)

The ASCII-art on page [1] pretty much sums it up with regard to the
compile step:

There is a second compiler involved that parses the comments in the C
source code and generates binary files with type information etc. which
can then be used for language bindings.

So, it will probably slow down compilation and use more disk space (but
not very much, as stated on -dev). Also, as stated on -dev, ALWAYS
enable this unless you want to recompile most of @world if you ever need
a language binding.

[1] https://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection/Architecture

Regards,