In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 August 2011 02:48:30 Michael Mol wrote:
>
> I have a midget server on the LAN (Atom N270) which runs Gentoo, but it's
> too underpowered to do all the compiling itself, so it NFS-exports its
> packages directory to my workstation, where I have a 32-bit chroot set up as
> an image of the Atom. Emerging is done here, making the packages available
> for installation on the Atom. This is a cumbersome operation though.

That's interesting. I run a SheevaPlug with Gentoo onboard. It runs at
1.2G and has half a G of memory. I have no trouble compiling gentoo on
this little server. It works as a file server, backup server, web
server and portage server (distfiles and portage sync for the gentoos on
my network).

Is ARM more efficient than the intel atom?

--
Regards,
Gregory.