----- Original Message -----

Yes. As I noted, it's worked before. The driver loads it find the firmware, etc.
Configuration information is below.

> /etc/conf.d/net

# This is a network block that connects to any unsecured access point.
# We give it a low priority so any defined blocks are preferred.
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wheel
#ctrl_interface_group=wheel
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
# This blank configuration will automatically use DHCP for any net.*
# scripts in /etc/init.d.  To create a more complete configuration,
# please review /etc/conf.d/net.example and save your configuration
# in /etc/conf.d/net (this file :]!).

# Standard Network:
config_eth0=( "dhcp" )

dns_domain_lo="coal"
# Wireless Network:
# TBD
#config_wlan0 ( "wpa_supplicant" )
#

# Enable this to use WPA supplicant; however, need to change the configuration
of the Wireless first.
modules=( "!plug" "!iwconfig" "wpa_supplicant" )
#modules=( "!plug" "wpa_supplicant" )
#modules=("iwconfig")
#wpa_supplicant_wlan0="-Dwext"
#wpa_timeout_wlan0=15

#modules=("iwconfig")
#iwconfig_wlan0="mode managed"
#wpa_timeout_wlan0=15

> and
>
> grep ^[^#] /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wheel
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
country=US

# Home Network
#network={
#       ssid="MY-NETWORK"
#       key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
#       eap=TLS
#       wep_key0=DEADBEAF0123456789ABCDEF000
#       priority=1
#       auth_alg=SHARED
#}
#
#network={
#       key_mgmt=NONE
#       priority=-9999999
#}

The network information is commented out as I was trying to get it to work with
the normal user-space tools (e.g. Network Manager); however, it is no longer
working in that configuration either. It doesn't seem to ever get to doing the
SCAN portion of trying to find networks.

I can see wlan0 in wpa_gui, but I can't get it to scan at all. And I'd much
rather use Network Manager if I could over wpa_gui; but it doesn't even see
wlan0 (it happily finds eth0, my wired NIC.)

Ben