But VBR seems to be disabled with the command line I used...
And, whether VBR is enabled, the wrong parsing of the argument of
bitrate options indicate that some error must exist somewhere.

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 10:42:06AM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:

> 'lame' is an MP3 encoder. VBR is 'variable bitrate', which means that
> high-information sections in the input stream get more bits in the
> output bitstream, and low-information sections in the input stream get
> fewer bits in the output bitstream. An encoded song might use 192Kb/s
> for a few seconds, and then 32Kb/s for a second, and jump up to
> 256Kb/s for a quarter-second before dropping down to 128Kb/s--but
> still sound to your ear like it was encoded at a constant bitrate of
> 256Kb/s. All so that audio fidelity is maintained when there's
> something there to actually hear.
>
> Or, more simply:
> * 'lame' is an MP3 encoder
> * 'VBR' stands for 'variable bitrate', and offers a better
> size/quality tradeoff scale than saying "I want 192Kb/s"

Thanks, I understand what LAME and VBR is, but was just mistook the idea
of the original sentence as "use the `lame' program instead of `ffmpeg'
or `libav'" :]

--
    Using GPG/PGP? Please get my current public key (ID: 0xAEF6A134,
valid from 2010 to 2013) from a key server.