Am 06.09.2011 19:52, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
> On 2011-09-07, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
>> So, can anyone recommend me a filesystem that fulfills my following needs:
>>
>> Scenario: vFirewall (virtual Firewall) that is going to be deployed at
>> my IaaS Cloud Provider.
>>
>> Disk I/O Characteristic: Occasional writes during 'normal' usage,
>> once-a-week eix-sync + emerge -avuD

>> My Google-Fu seems to indicate either XFS or JFS; what do you think?
>>
>> Rgds,
>>
> Sorry, forgot one thing: For the time being, I'm sticking with
> 2.6.39-hardened. Saw too many incompatibility bug with 3.0 (due to
> packages hard-wired to expect the kernel version to begin with "2.6").
>
> Rgds,

JFS is a pretty good and care-free choice for this. Low resource usage.
Good performance, especially with large files. Although I must admit, I
wouldn't use it anymore since Ext4 is usually good enough for just about
every use-case and tested by more people in new kernel versions
(therefore presumably more stable).

Regards,
Florian Philipp