On Sep 10, 2011 11:22 PM, "Michael Mol" <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, nothing of udev itself is in /usr, but instead
> packages and scripts which plug themselves into udev to be triggered
> by various events.
>
> Perhaps the real solution is to circumvent udev and get those other
> packages and scripts to not put hotplug-active files under /usr.

Agree with both your points.

udev *should* refuse accessing anything under /usr if it's still in the
sysinit phase. After all, that's what the FHS assumed (/usr does not contain
anything required during boot)

IIRC, one of the most vocal designer of the FHS is Red Hat; if the dev of
udev is also Red Hat-related, shouldn't he at least try to follow FHS's
philosophy?

Rgds,