On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 19:50, András Csányi <sayusi.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 September 2011 14:43, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
>>
>> Eh? Sorry about the HTML bits; Android's Gmail client doesn't seem to be
>> configurable about that.
>
> Android client is not able to handle plain/text emails. :(
>
> --
> - -
> --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
> http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
> --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell

Yeah, found that out with a bit of Google-fu.

Now I'm typing from my PC using the full-bore Gmail.

No more HTML bits, I hope.

But this means I practically can't reply to this list when I'm on the road:

*) Gmail Java Mobile client (on my E72) can post in plaintext, but
only as a top-post.

*) Gmail Android client (on my Samsung Galaxy Ace) can bottom-post,
but also sends an HTML part.

*) Gmail webmail client -- when accessed via Dolphin -- also sends an
HTML part. (Just saw my reply sent using Dolphin)

*) K9 Mail *can* send plaintext messages, but it can't install itself
on the SD card, so I have to delete it (my Sammy's internal memory is
a measly 158 MB; I'd rather not install anything not abso-effin-lutely
essential into the internal memory)

So, I'm in a bit of quandary now.

Oh well.

Rgds,