On Monday, September 12, 2011 08:14:57 AM Mike Edenfield wrote:
> On 9/12/2011 3:12 AM, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
> > On Saturday, September 10, 2011 02:54:58 AM Dale wrote:
> >> If we are so skilled, why is the Fedora dev not listening you reckon?
> >
> > Is the Fedora dev aware of non-Fedora installations?
>
> He is, because a Gentoo user/dev explicitly pointed out the
> problems this will cause Gentoo.

Awareness comes at different levels.
It's like the difference of looking and seeing. :)

He seems to recall there is a world outside of Fedora, but doesn't seem to
believe it...

> His response, to me, appeared to be a heavy dose of "way
> more people use Fedora/Debian/etc than Gentoo so I'm
> tailoring my fix to those people" combined with a touch of
> "if you're running Gentoo you're smart enough to figure this
> out on your own". Possibly with a subtle, hidden hint of
> "that's what you get for not running Fedora", but I could be
> imagining that.

Of that's how he sees it, then he is admitting that Gentoo-users are smarter
then he is....
I like the compliment :)

--
Joost