Peter Humphrey wrote:

On Saturday 17 September 2011 12:34:54 Dale wrote:

> Does LVM make the heads move around more or anything like that? I'm

> just thinking it would depending on what lv are on what drives. I

> dunno, just curious.

I haven't thought about that, but my first impression is that LVM won't make any great difference. The data get stored where the data get stored, if you see what I mean. How they're organised is in the implementation layers. (Am I making sense? It's getting late here.)

--

Rgds

Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23

Yea, I see the point. I was even thinking that if LVM is on multiple drives and the a lv was spanned across two or more drives, then it could even be faster. Data spanned across two or more drives could result in it reading more data faster since both drives are collecting data at about the same time.

But then again, it depends on how the data is spread out too. I guess it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Dale

:-)  :-)