Mick wrote:
On Saturday 22 Oct 2011 01:19:15 Colleen Beamer wrote:
This is solved.

The solution came from posting to KDE forums.

It was a configuration issue:

In System Settings, I had to select "Device Actions", "Play Audio CD
with KsCD, select Edit, select "the devices property Available Content
must equal Audio, choose "Property Match"for the parameter type,
"Optical Disk" for the Device type, "Available Content" for the Value
name and Equals Audio.

That did the trick!
Thanks for letting us know!  I recall having problems in the past with kscd on
a KDE desktop and I couldn't remember if I ever fixed it.  Now I know how.  ;-)

I finally got mine to open too. I did a emerge -e world since I could tell it was just some dep that got missed. Anyway, is it just me or is KSCD just got plain ugly?

I went back to Smplayer.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)