On Saturday 22 Oct 2011 10:30:34 Lavender wrote:
> >Who told you that?
> >I searched information though internal search engine,
>
> all I got was that wpa_supplicant don't support AES and
> once I had tried it just like the configuration you gave ,
> it failed ,so I thought wpa_supplicant  still don't support AES .
> Sorry, I made a mistake :-( , but finally I make it ,I can connect
>  the Internet .

I'm glad you can now connect!  :-)

CCMP which stands for "Counter Mode with Cipher Block Chaining Message
Authentication Code Protocol" uses the Counter Mode with CBC-MAC, which from
what I understand uses 128bit AES ciphers.  So, as long as you set up
wpa_supplicant to use proto=RSN with pairwise=CCMP and group=CCMP you will
always connect with the AES encryption standard.

NOTE:  It is not necessary to specify CCMP because it is used by default as
the first option, but if you don't specify it and the AP uses WPA/TKIP only,
then instead of the connection failing wpa_supplicant will switch from CCMP to
TKIP.  I'm stating the obvious here, but if having a wireless connection is
more important than *always* using AES, then of course you do not need to
specify CCMP.
--
Regards,
Mick