On Wednesday 17 August 2005 10:10 pm, Ben Munat wrote:

> I recently did a fresh install of 2005.0 on a AMD thunderbird-based
> machine. I wasn't in the mood for kernel configuring, so I just let
> genkernel do it's thing, installing a 2.6 kernel.

There is your first mistake right there.

> Things mostly went fine, however my keyboard and/or mouse keep going
> berserk... they just stop working half the time. I share the same keyboard
> with a windows machine, and it works fine (I'm typing this email with it).
>
> Last week, I noticed a lot of entries in the logs like this:
>
> Aug 16 22:33:53 venus atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code
> 0xe0 on isa0060/serio0).
> Aug 16 22:33:53 venus atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e060 <keycode>' to make it
> known. Aug 16 22:40:18 venus atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set
> 2, code 0x8e on isa0060/serio0).
> Aug 16 22:40:18 venus atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e00e <keycode>' to make it
> known.

Well, I don't know what all that would mean.  What kernel sources are you
using? Why not boot back into your LiveCD, mount and chroot into your gentoo
partitions and re-compile your kernel manually instead of using Genkernel.
Go through all of menuconfig on each menu, remove all the unneeded items that
Genkernel enabled and save your changes then recompile your kernel and
modules. If you need help, running "make" help shows a nice list of your
options.

--
Chris
Linux 2.6.12-gentoo-r7 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP