On 9 November 2011 20:43, Aljosha Papsch <papsch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/9 Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@arcor.de>:
>> What's happening with the kde overlay?  All "Manifest" files are gone and I
>> can't emerge anything because of that.
>>

> The overlay uses new Manifest format. Read the blog entry:
> http://dilfridge.blogspot.com/2011/11/gentoo-kde-stabilization-and-kde.html

I'm sure that that felt a little sudden for people using the overlay
and not running ~portage. (Of source, running ~arch mixed ~arch and
arch systems is not supported but let's face it, we all do it). Is it
possible to give more warning than this? For example, can overlays
push to enews? I mean, just to people actually using the overlay -- so
people with the kde overlay would get kde-overlay enews, but others
would not.

ALSO: Shouldn't this kind of change come with updated DEPEND or EAPI?
Either/or would bump portage, and that is what these things are for.