On 11/10/2011 12:30 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 11/09/2011 10:43 PM, Aljosha Papsch wrote:
2011/11/9 Nikos Chantziaras<rea...@arcor.de>:
What's happening with the kde overlay? All "Manifest" files are gone
and I
can't emerge anything because of that.

The overlay uses new Manifest format. Read the blog entry:
http://dilfridge.blogspot.com/2011/11/gentoo-kde-stabilization-and-kde.html

Hmm, I am on ~AMD64, therefore using an ~arch portage, but I still get
errors about missing manifests. I suppose I can't use the ebuilds
anymore? I symlink directories to my local overlay, like:

ln -s /kdeoverlay/x11-themes/oxygen-gtk /usr/local/portage/x11-themes

What do I need to symlink now, and to where?

OK, figured it out. I need to create "/usr/local/portage/metadata/layout.conf" and put this in it:

  thin-manifests = true

Then it works again. I've no idea what effects this will have on the other ebuilds in my local overlay though.