On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 09:06:49 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:

> > I'm not a gamer, but I want a system with plenty of grunt. Video
> > performance is not critical, on board would suffice, except I need
> > something with dual output to drive two monitors. Do any of the
> > onboard jobbies do this or is a separate Nvidia still the best option?

> AFAIK onboards very rarely have support for dual monitor. Besides,
> having a separate somewhat-beefier GPU might be usable in some cases.
> For instance, Ubuntu's Unity and Windows' Aero both rely on GPU to do
> their eye candy stuff.
>
> C'mon, don't be stingy... spare one PCIe slot for a graphic card :-)

I'm not bothered about using a separate card, heck I could even re-use
the one I have.

I use neither Unity nor Windows tough.

--
Neil Bothwick

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.