On Wednesday 28 December 2011 02:21:25 Andrew Lowe wrote:

> Is there anything in my current Gentoo /home and swap that "locks" them to
> the Gentoo install or can I share them between the two installs?

Beware! Whichever your preferred desktop (kde, gnome, whatever), having your
whole home directory shared between distros is a recipe for disaster. You
only need one program to differ in version number between distros to render
the whole lot unusable. Consider, for instance, the current difficulty of
incompatible versions of kmail between 4.4 and 4.7.

My preference is to have a /home/<user>/common partition mounted in each
distro, containing everything I want accessible at all times, but leave
things like .kde4 dedicated to the distro that's running it.

--
Rgds
Peter           Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23