On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 06:49:45 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:

> Neil, is the use of sets fully documented somewhere? I don't recall
> reading about them in the Handbook, but its been a while since I read
> it (and don't remember if I ever did cover to cover)...

I can't recall where I found the documentation, but you can create a set
in /etc/portage/sets/ with one atom per line. Then emerge @setname to
install the packages.

I find them really useful. For example I have a @base set listing all the
packages I want on a new install (tmux, gentoolkit, portage-utils etc) so
I can copy it to a new install and emerge @base to make sure I have all
the tools I normally use.

--
Neil Bothwick

The word 'Windows' is a word out of an old dialect of the Apaches.
It means: 'White man staring through glass-screen onto an hourglass...')