Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
> On 02.01.2012 18:58, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>> On 01/02/12 12:47, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>>
>>> Again, 'equery depends' will tell you if any package locatable
>>> through the @world hierarchy needs the package. No need to
>>> uninstall anything to do that level of investigation.
>>> revdep-rebuild -I is also useful, although more historically than
>>> now.
>>>

>> This was essentially Michal Mol's suggestion, and I gave an
>> example where it would remove something important.
>

>>> Really, the proposal to 'fix --update' doesn't address really
>>> knowing what your system is running and why. Get to the root of
>>> that and the --update thing becomes the non-issue that many of us
>>> think it is.
>>>

>> This would be a suggestion to travel back in time and document
>> something that I have no way of knowing now.
>
> You could create your own overlay with "meta"-ebuilds, e. g.
> system-maintenance, customer1, customer2.
> Inside the ebuilds you define depends on the packages the customer wants.
> Doing so you could wipe everything except the "meta"-ebuilds from world.
> When a customer quits you can unmerge his or her "meta"-ebuild and
> depclean.
> If you add everything needed to the respective "meta"-ebuild, you'll
> always be on the safe side.

Getting EnigMail set up on a Seamonkey/Win7 box, and Enigmail is
complaining that your signature is unverified. I don't know/understand
PGP/GPG all that well, but I think this is something you're supposed to
be able to fix on your end. If that's not the case, let me know, and
I'll get it fixed on my end. :)

gpg command line and output:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe
gpg: Signature made 01/03/12 09:05:56 using RSA key ID 8D16461C