On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 01:21:43 +0000
Peter Humphrey <pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 04 February 2012 01:12:42 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
>
> > Was there a reason for all that HTML in your email?
>
> What HTML? I never use it in e-mails (spawn of the devil and all
> that). Maybe someone in the quoting chain had used it, but kmail
> doesn't show it to me if so.
>
> Also, I see this on looking at the headers of my e-mail:

> So I don't know where you get HTML from.

I'm reading from gmane, which I've never known to alter Content-Type
headers.  In my copy of your post I'm replying to, I see

And there are both a text/plain and a text/html part in the body
of the message.

The html part has a lot of <p style="foo"> tags, where foo
consists of things like "-qt-paragraph-type:empty" and
"-qt-block-indent:0".

I don't have an explanation, just reporting what I see.