On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:35:50 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:

> > Or use a hardlink instead of a symlink.

> I tend to stay away from hardlinks; ls IIRC can't differentiate between
> hardlinks and normal files.

There is no difference. A normal file entry in a directory is still a
hardlink, what we generally call hardlinks are just additional copies,
it's all the same file.

> Thus, there's a possibility that I forgot
> and accidentally change the one in /opt, which then get pushed to
> bitbucket.

It doesn't matter where you change it when there's only one file. It
means you can put the file where openrc seems to want it and keep it in
your separate directory as you want.

However, if symlinks have stopped working, there was either a conscious
design decision or you've found a new bug.

--
Neil Bothwick

Despite the cost of living it remains popular.