On 02/17/2012 05:11 PM, Manuel McLure wrote:
> Add "FAT considers two filenames that are the same except for case as
> the same filename" to that list. NTFS has the same limitation.

I had forgotten about that.  FAT is always case-sensitive.

While it is possible to change the rules slightly for NTFS, there are
serious repurcussions if you do.  NTFS supports the notion of a POSIX
"namespace", but if you use it and have multiple files that match
according to the Win32 rules, one of them will be inaccessible to
applications that use the Win32 namespace.

        --- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”