On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> NOTE: To others discussing the various positives and negatives of
> Windows file systems please note that I had no choice in the matter.
> The only thing this piece of equipment accepts on it's USB port is
> VFAT.

If you run into any unreadable files when reading it on the
destination equipment, it's possibly due to incompatible filenames.
Try mounting vfat with check=strict and possibly changing the codepage
to whatever the destination system wants it to be.

If you don't use symbols or excessively long file names or extensions
I think it should be fine. (I think there's a 256 character full
path+filename limit as well on Windows systems)