Hartmut Figge:

>How to tell libreoffice which browser it should use?

Assuming that nowadays Firefox is used by many people i experimented.

hafi@i5_64 ~ $ sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/affe /usr/bin/firefox

'affe' is the name of my browser which in reality is a daily compiled
trunk-seamonkey with some private patches.

After setting the above link i got additional information after pressing
F1 in libreoffice:

hafi@i5_64 ~ $ lowriter
/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 622: x-www-browser: command not found

I don't know at the moment, what this xdg-open is, but it was obvious
that a x-www-browser was missing. So my next step was

hafi@i5_64 ~ $ sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/affe /usr/bin/x-www-browser

And now pressing F1 gives me the help in my browser. :)
Unfortunately not in a new window. Instead in new tabs in my running
browser, and for each F1 a new tab. Bah. But that can be tweaked.

But first i should look into that ominous xdg-open.

Hartmut
--
Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/
Von Usern fuer User  :-)