I'm looking to set up something that reads messages from one IMAP
server/mailbox, filters out the spam, and then writes the filtered
messages into another IMAP server/mailbox. The source and destination
servers may or may not be the same, and neither is the machine where
the filter is running. I'd like the solution to use the IMAP IDLE
command to avoid the latency and load of constantly setting up SSL
connections and polling the source server.

It looks like fetchmail -> procmail+spamassassin -> dovecot/deliver
ought to do what I want.

Is there something simpler and easier that I've overlooked?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is this going to
                                  at               involve RAW human ecstasy?