On 2012-02-21, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2012 7:03 AM, "Grant Edwards" <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2012-02-20, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm looking to set up something that reads messages from one IMAP
>> > server/mailbox, filters out the spam, and then writes the filtered
>> > messages into another IMAP server/mailbox. The source and destination
>> > servers may or may not be the same, and neither is the machine where
>> > the filter is running. I'd like the solution to use the IMAP IDLE
>> > command to avoid the latency and load of constantly setting up SSL
>> > connections and polling the source server.
>> >
>> > It looks like fetchmail -> procmail+spamassassin -> dovecot/deliver
>> > ought to do what I want.
>>
>> Or not.  It looks dovecot can't deliver to a mailbox on an IMAP server
>> after all.
>>
>> > Is there something simpler and easier that I've overlooked?
>>

> Seems to me "getmail" is more suitable for your needs:
>
> http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/documentation.html#features
>
> the feature list says that it can run a filtering software, and delivers
> emails directly into maildirs.
>
> Not sure about IDLE support though.

I'll take a look at the sources.  Doesn't look like it delivers to an
IMAP mailbox (I could always add that).

I've just thrown together a Python app that reads messages from one
IMAP server/mailbox [using the idle command :) ], writes them to
another IMAP server/mailbox, and then deletes them from the source
server.  Now for the filtering...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Spreading peanut
                                  at               butter reminds me of