Hi all,

Every morning I start konsole, type "emerge --sync", and then go do
other stuff. Some time later I look at the output and usually run
"emerge ... world". I would like to automate that a bit more.

I can use kpart to start konsole on a particular desktop so that's
easy. What I can't seem to get working is the "$SHELL --login" +
"emerge --sync" part.

If I run "konsole --noclose -e emerge --sync" then I get the output I
want but I don't get a prompt. If I run "konsole -e $SHELL --login"
then I get the prompt but, obviously, no emerge output.

How can I combine these two? I would like konsole to run emerge --sync
and then leave a prompt open. Just like what would happen if I did it
all manually. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Hilco