I have just tried to send a file from my phone to my laptop running KDE 4.8.0
and it fails; the two devices never bind. When I set up the laptop it was
running KDE 4.6.3 and bluetooth worked fine. The BlueZ libraries have changed
substantially since, I think. Using 'hcitool inq' works fine, it's the KDE
dialogs which sit there searching endlessly. Any recommended settings for
/etc/bluetooth/*? Doc is a bit hard to come by.

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling