On 23 February 2012 12:39, Robin Atwood <robin.atw...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> I have just tried to send a file from my phone to my laptop running KDE 4.8.0
> and it fails; the two devices never bind. When I set up the laptop it was
> running KDE 4.6.3 and bluetooth worked fine. The BlueZ libraries have changed
> substantially since, I think. Using 'hcitool inq' works fine, it's the KDE
> dialogs which sit there searching endlessly. Any recommended settings for
> /etc/bluetooth/*? Doc is a bit hard to come by.
>
> TIA
> -Robin

Not exactly on-topic, but I recently got my bluetooth headset working
without any major hassle using net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth by
- Building the appropriate communications-types modules
- Starting the bluetooth init script
- Running bluetooth-wizard to pair and bluetooth-applet to connect/disconnect