On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:11:24 -0800, ny6...@gmail.com wrote:

> Or just import .config into the 'New' directory, and run plain ol' make
> menuconfig. Menuconfig will import what it can from the old config. From
> what I've read of the docs, make oldconfig is the dangerous part that
> should be avoided between substantial kernel updates.

make oldconfig is not the risk, importing the old config is. oldconfig
tries to convert the old config to suit the new kernel, with a success
rate probably in excess of 99%, despite what has been written about it.

Using the old .config without make oldconfig is a good way of getting
the worst of both worlds.

--
Neil Bothwick

Windows Error #56: Operator fell asleep while waiting.