On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:34:01AM +0200, Penguin Lover Alan McKinnon squawked:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:19:56 +0100
> Dan Johansson <dan.johans...@dmj.nu> wrote:
> > After running an update yesterday (about 50 packages) on my ~x86
> > laptop, wicd stopped working, and no wicd was not updated neither was
> > any other network related packages. Today after a reboot my wireless
> > network refused to start from wicd, starting it manually works. This
> > is a part of the wicd.log:
> >
> I'm having similar issues with an Intel N6300 since a reboot.
>
> In my case it fails with this:
>
> [   76.232020] wlan0: deauthenticating from
> xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx by local choice (reason=3)
>
> Which means something deauthed the connection in the meantime. This
> happens with kernel 3.2.6, but rebooting into 3.2.5 works just fine.

You guys are almost certainly running into the same problem as the one
I mentioned in the thread I just started.

Try `pkill dhcpcd` and associate again.

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden dhcpcd decides
to start on boot.

Cheers,

         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton