On 2012-03-12, Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On 12 March 2012, at 14:59, fe...@crowfix.com wrote:

>>> What do you mean when you say Postfix?
>>
>> I think Stroller may have confused gee-mail and queue-mail.  The only
>> reason I looked at this thread was becaue 'g' and 'q' do look similar,
>> and I thought it might be about qmail.  qmail is a mailer program,
>> like Postfix, sendmail, and so on, whereas gmail is a mail domain,
>> like yahoo, hotmail, etc.
>
> No, I simply meant that if you use Postfix you don't have to use
> anyone else's SMTP server,

If you've got a static IP address, a domain, an MX record, and
whatever other requirements a lot of sites are now placing upon
senders of mail.

I used to use my own SMTP server, 10 years ago it worked fine.  More
recently, too many destinations wouldn't accept mail from me -- so I
had to start using mail relays.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My polyvinyl cowboy
                                  at               wallet was made in Hong