Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:47:16 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> I may end up with a init thingy, which I am currently using.  Thing is,
>> the first time it breaks and I can't fix it, I'll install something
>> else.
>
> That's why I build the initramfs into the kernel and not as a separate
> file. If I do something to break the initramfs I just boot the previous
> kernel knowing it will still work.

I tried that.  It broke.  It didn't boot not even once.  Google was no
help either tho I found others with the same issues but no fix.  Right
now I am using the dracut thingy.  If it breaks, I have no idea how to
fix it.  That's one reason why I left Mandrake, the init thingy kept
breaking every few months.  Then after one upgrade, I was just fed up.
I moved on.

Keep in mind, this is Dale, the one that has issues with things.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: