The gruesome details cb found in KDE bug 294949 .

I want to be able to enter Greek & other special characters in Kwrite/Kate
using a compose key, as I can already in Gvim.
This doesn't work with Fluxbox, but does work with the KDE desktop.
That suggests some daemon or service needs to be running,
which is started by 'startkde' but not by Fluxbox,
which then recognises the compose key & behaves accordingly.

Can anyone suggest what the daemon or service mb
& how to add it to ~/.xinitrc so that it starts with Fluxbox ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca