120409 Mick wrote:
> On Monday 09 Apr 2012 20:35:33 Philip Webb wrote:
>> The gruesome details cb found in KDE bug 294949 .
> I add the second keyboard as Option "XkbLayout" in my xorg.conf
> and Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
> to be able to use Alt+Shift to activate it.

That's useful if you sometimes use one language & sometimes another,
but I simply want to insert Greek words into an otherwise English text,
which I can do easily with Gvim, but can't get to work in Kwrite/Kate.

I've done some further investigation which is described under the bug above
& it seems clear it really is a bug in KDE, ie for compose-key to work
you have to be running the full KDE desktop, not eg Fluxbox,
which conflicts with KDE's claim to be a "software collection".

Any other suggestions wb welcome, but please check the KDE bug first.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca