On May 2, 2012 2:48 AM, "Stroller" <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On 1 May 2012, at 19:27, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>
> > On 05/01/2012 02:11 PM, Stroller wrote:
> >> So /etc/profile contains the following message:
> >>
> >> # You should override these in your ~/.bashrc (or equivalent) for
per-user
> >> # settings.  For system defaults, you can add a new file in
/etc/profile.d/.
> >> export EDITOR=${EDITOR:-/bin/nano}
> >> export PAGER=${PAGER:-/usr/bin/less}
> >>
> >> Therefore I have created a plain text file
/etc/profile.d/essential_defaults

> > First of all, use `eselect pager` =)
>
> Actually, if you look at the contents of my essential_defaults file, I'm
not so interested in the pager as the MANPAGER setting. I find that after
using `most` as my man-pager, it's quite horrible using `less` on a new
system. For anything else, `less` is fine.

> Stroller.

'most' is for sissies ; I use vimmanpager for MANPAGER, and vimpager for
PAGER.  ;-)

Rgds,